Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tuesday, November 2, 2011

We woke up to clear skies this morning and no fog.  Our destination for the day was Aqua Yacht Harbor in Iuka, Mississippi, about 5 miles away, but we were eager to get there so we could use their courtesy car to get groceries, etc. 

 Along the way we saw some more incredible houses.
And a strange looking boat...
 This house is right across from the marina; I wonder how big the staff is that keeps the place going.
Aqua Yacht Harbor is on the north end of the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway on Lake Pickwick.  The marina has 475 slips and is very nice with many amenities.  Lifestyle II and Sea Ya (from Eden Prairie, MN) were there along with a couple of other Loopers. 







Phil and I went grocery shopping, but Joe stayed at the marina to wait for the mechanic who was coming to look at our generator because it's been leaking oil.  Fortunately, it didn't cost us anything to find out that the generator's oil filter is evidently the culprit--something Joe can fix inexpensively.
Joe also kept the washer and dryer humming while he was waiting for the mechanic so he got about half the laundry done.  The rest will just have to wait.


I spoke with a nurse in the orthopaedic department at Regions Hospital this morning and she relayed my concerns about my recent leg pain to the surgeon I last saw.  She called me back and his advice was like the old burlesque joke...
      Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
      Doctor: "Well then, don't DO that!!!"
He said that it's extremely unlikely that I've re-broken anything since I have no pain unless I'm putting full weight on my leg, and it's been four months since my second surgery.  He said I should just take it easy, not climb up to the flybridge for a while, and then ease back into full weight bearing on my leg.  So that was a relief!
Joe says he wants to do 70 miles or more tomorrow and get through 4 locks, so he went to bed early and we'll be on our way as soon as it's light.

1 comment:

  1. Joe and MaryJo,

    Following your blog is great! It's almost like being there.

    ReplyDelete